By now you should have the bootloader unlocked, a custom recovery installed and ready to get root access using the guide below. Once you have access to the root file system on your Android operating system, you are giving your device the equivalent of administrator permissions. That means no restrictions to clamp you down by the manufacturer. With the extra freedom on your OS, you can install oodles more apps from the Google Play Store. Those additional apps are the secret to removing bloatware, increase the device performance by giving it more speed, increasing the battery life and more. You can even find handy apps like the free WiFi hotspot to install.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting file you need from this page.
– It’s the same rooting file you had if you followed our guide for installing the custom recovery. You do not need to download it again if you just came here from our custom recovery guide.
- You are voiding the warranty on the Huawei Honor 4C by following this guide. You can unroot the device and get that warranty working again.
- You must unlock the bootloader on the Huawei Honor 4C smartphone before starting this guide.
- You must install a custom recovery on the Huawei Honor 4C before starting this guide.
Rooting The Huawei Honor 4C
- Download the rooting file to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 4C to the same computer.
- Right-click over the rooting file and select the ‘extract here’ option.
- Transfer the root.zip file over to the internal storage SD card of the device. You want to transfer it to the root of the SD card and not in a sub folder. That means dropping the root.zip file in the topmost folder.
- Unplug the Honor 4C smartphone from the computer and completely power off the device by holding down the Power key.
- Reboot the Huawei Honor 4C holding the Volume Down + Volume Up + Power buttons to get the device in the recovery mode.
- Select the Recovery option from the menu to enter the custom recovery.
- Choose the ‘install zip from sdcard’ option from the menu, followed by ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Browse the SD card for the root.zip file. It only works if you haven’t unzipped the root.zip.
- Confirm you want to install that zip file when it gives you the chance on the screen.
- Navigate back to the main recovery menu after you rooting file is flashed.
- Choose the reboot system option from the main recovery menu.
Once your device reboots you have root access on the Huawei Honor 4C smartphone. You can check that by installing the root checker apps from the Google Play Store.