So, the bootloader on the Huawei MediaPad X2 got unlocked, and here comes a root method for the said phone.
If you have been rocking a Huawei MediaPad X2 phone and you wish to enjoy more privileges, you can go ahead and root your phone which will allow you to do more than what you can do now on your phone. Installing root-requiring apps, having the ability to flash a custom recovery are just some of the things you can do when you are rooted.
So, if that sounds good to you and you really wish to root your Huawei MediaPad X2, here’s how:
The Files You Need
- You must have unlocked the bootloader on your phone before doing this tutorial. If you have not done so yet, please head over to our how to unlock the bootloader on the Huawei MediaPad X2 guide and do that first. Then, return here and continue.
- You must have a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial.
- Ensure that Huawei USB drivers are properly installed on your computer. If they are not, install them first or your computer will not recognize your phone.
- Download the Root Package for your specific ROM to your computer:
Rooting the Huawei MediaPad X2
- You need to first uncompress files from Root Package over to your computer. To do that, right-click on the Root Package archive and select Extract here and it will get the job done for you.
- Open Settings followed by About phone on your phone. Tap on Build number for 7-8 times and it should say you are a developer. When it does, the developer menu should be unlocked on your phone.
- Go back to Settings and tap on Developer options. Turn on the option that says USB debugging. It will allow the communication between your phone and your computer.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- If your computer tries to install any drivers at this moment, let it do so.
- Right-click on Run.cmd that you extracted from the Root Package and select Run as administrator. It should launch the tool under administrative rights.
- Wait for the tool to gain root access on your phone.
- When the tool’s done rooting your phone, your phone should reboot.
- Look for the SuperSU app in your app drawer. If it is there, you are all set. If it is not, head over to the Google Play store and download and install it on your phone.
- You are now rooted!
And there you go.
Your Huawei MediaPad X2 is now rooted and is equipped with the SuperSU app to help you manage root permissions for the apps on your phone.
Until a custom recovery that lets you flash a custom ROM becomes available, you can enjoy a plethora of root-requiring apps on your phone. These apps only work on rooted phones and allow users to customize their phones beyond the limit.
For instance, you can now remove the system apps from your phone which was not possible before. The reason is: the root-requiring apps can now read as well as write to your system partition. This means, these apps can remove the system apps, such as the gallery app, from your phone if you do not find it useful. It definitely helps you free-up some storage on your phone that you can then use for other apps from the Google Play store.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei MediaPad X2
- How To Root Huawei Honor 7
- How To Install Custom Recovery On Huawei Honor 7
- How To Unlock Bootloader On The Huawei Honor 7
- How To Root Lenovo A6000 Plus
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.