Rooting the Huawei Premia 4G smartphone means having access to the root file system. It’s a part of your operating system that your manufacturer normally doesn’t want you to access. By having root access on your device, you are granted greater control of the operating system. Having the extra control means you can use applications from the Google Play Store that need access to the root file system to work. One of those apps is a free mobile hotspot. You will find other apps that increase your device’s performance, change the CPU speed, overlock, remove bloatware, increase the battery life and more. Rooting does not normally mean you can install a custom ROM. That’s what a custom recovery is for on your device.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting file from the XDA Developers page here.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on your Huawei Premia 4G by heading to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- You do void any warranty that Huawei issued you when you bought the device. You can get that warranty working again for the Premia 4G smartphone by following a guide to unroot the device.
Rooting The Huawei Premia 4G
- Download the rooting file to the computer desktop. Make sure it’s on the desktop. You can drag it to the desktop if it’s in your download folder.
- Right-click over the rooting file and choose the ‘extract here’ option from the menu.
- Connect the Huawei Premia 4G to the computer using the USB cable.
- Double-click the mouse over the run.bat file that you should see after extracting the rooting file.
- The tool will now dish out some instructions you can follow on the screen.
- Once you are done with following the instructions, you can reboot the device.
Your device is now rooted and you can install any of those amazing root-requiring applications from the Google Play Store. You might want to start with the root checker app just to make sure the guide did work. From there, a free WiFi hotspot is always popular.