By opening up the Android internal root file system of the Huawei U8300, you are opening up the Android operating system to give you greater power than Android developers originally set out to give you. There are many advantages to rooting your Huawei smartphone. However, with those chances of having greater power also come additional risks. You cannot have access to the root file system when you buy the device. Once you have root access, you have an all access pass to the file system and that means it’s possible you delete some important files. In short, Linux works great with root access and allows you to have greater control over your phone.
The Files You Need
- Download the Z4Root APK from this page.
- You do not need any other files to start this guide. You can follow this guide using any computer. It doesn’t have to be a Windows computer. You are only transferring the APK over to your device.
- Following the guide below does void the warranty. You can likely unroot it again and the warranty will work again. The reason is that there is no other security on the device. Once you unroot it you are returning the device exactly how it was before you had root access.
Rooting The Huawei U8300
- Download the Z4Root APK to the desktop of any computer. Do not unzip or extract the file; copy it as it is and still zipped.
- Connect the Huawei U8300 smartpohne to the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy and paste or click and drag the Z4Root APK file over to the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug the smartphone from the computer once you are happy and certain the APK is copied over.
- Make sure that the Unknown Sources option is already enabled. Do that now by pointing to the Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources.
- Launch any File manager on your device. You can find them from the Google Play Store if you don’t have any on the device.
- Launch the Z4Root app from the app drawer once you have it installed.
- Tap your finger over the button that says ‘Root’ and wait for the app to grans root access to the root file system.
- Reboot the phone once it’s all done and you are ready to go.
You should start by installing the root checker app from the Google Play Store.