These are the steps you need to root the Huawei U8652 smartphone so you can install root-requiring apps from the Google Play Store. Once you complete the guide below, you will have full system access. The full system access to the root file system means you can tinker with the OS and run apps that require permissions to that file system. It also means you can accidentally delete files you need if you don’t know what you are doing. That’s why rooting should only be for advanced Android users.
The Files You Need
- Download the Unlock Root tool from this page.
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled on your device. You can do that by navigating over to the Huawei smartphone Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Those of you who see no Developer Options available from the Huawei smartphone Settings must unlock it because it’w hidden. You can unhide that menu by pointing to the same Settings > About Device > tap over the build number until it tells you that you have unlocked the Developer Options/become a Developer on the screen.
- Now you may go back to the Settings and find the Developer Options menu available.
Rooting the Huawei U8652
- Firstly, set up ADB on your Windows PC.
- Download the Unlock Root file and have it on the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click the mouse over that same Unlock Root file and select the ‘extract here’ option from the menu.
- Open the phone dialer and dial this number:
- Your device will now have the service mode running.
- Navigate to the Project Menu > Background Settings > Log Settings.
- Enable both the Log Level and the Log Switch settings to verbose.
Point the device back to the main service settings screen.
- Navigate to the Dump > Log.
- Tap over each of the boxes so they are all worked as on in that area.
- Reboot the Huawei smartphone.
- Enable Unknown Sources on your U8652 smartphone by heading to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
Connect the U8652 phone to the computer using the USB cable you usually use during charging and connecting to a computer.
- Double-click on the UnlockRoot.exe file that’s on the desktop.
- Select the Unlock Root button from within the tool when it opens on the computer.
- The tool will now start rooting your U8652 device. Do not touch any buttons until you know it is complete.
- Bear in mind that this guide only gives you root access and not a custom recovery. You’ll need to find a custom recovery and install it on your Huawei U8652 if you want to take advantage of any available custom ROMs.
You can install the root checker app now and make sure the guide did work for your device.