There are a number of reasons as to why you should root your Huawei Y550. Maybe you do not like the apps that your phone has come preloaded with and you wish to remove them, or maybe you just want to install a custom boot animation so that your phone is truly yours.
Whatever the reason is, here’s how you can root your Huawei Y550 phone:
Files You Need
- You must have installed a custom recovery on your phone before you can root it. You can flash a recovery on your phone using our how to install a custom recovery on the Huawei Y550 tutorial. Return to this tutorial when the recovery procedure is done.
- This should flash Superuser to achieve root access on your phone.
- Download Superuser to your computer. Do NOT extract it, leave it as is.
Rooting the Huawei Y550
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a compatible USB cable and ensure your phone is able to receive files from your computer.
- Copy Superuser .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. Place it in the root directory.
- When Superuser is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Turn your phone back on in the custom recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume UP and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- Your phone should reboot into the custom recovery mode.
- When your phone enters the recovery mode, choose the option that says Install. It will let you flash Superuser on your phone.
- Navigate to the internal SD card storage on your phone, find Superuser .zip, and select it to be flashed on your phone.
- Tap on Swipe to Confirm Flash to confirm the installation of Superuser.
- Wait for TWRP to flash Superuser on your phone.
- When TWRP’s done flashing Superuser, reboot your phone by choosing Reboot followed by System in the recovery menu.
- Your phone should reboot.
- You are now fully rooted!
Cheers! Your Huawei Y550 is now rooted and has a custom recovery.
In order to customize almost all the elements on your phone, you need both root access and a custom recovery. Fortunately, you have got both of these on your phone and the world of customizations is now open for you.
Go ahead and explore all the customizations opportunities that the custom recovery and root access have made available to you. These opportunities usually include the ability to flash a custom ROM to change the entire appearance and system of the phone. Doing that just changes everything on your phone and you get a chance to enjoy a whole new experience on your phone.
One of the things that you should do when you root your phone is hit up the Play Store and install some useful root-requiring apps, such as Titanium Backup and Quick Boot, on your phone. Not only do these apps help you customize your phone, but they help you with some very important tasks on your phone, such helping you backup your phone data and helping you easily reboot into various modes on your phone.
So, that was about how you could root your phone and what you should do after getting rooted. Let us know what you did after rooting your phone in the comments below!
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install CWM Recovery On The Huawei Y550
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Y550
- How To Root The Motorola Moto X Force On Android 6.0
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Motorola Moto X Force On Android 6.0
- How To Install CyanogenRecovery On The Doogee F5
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.