Gaining root-access on the Jiayu S3 is one of the most easiest tasks I have ever come across. If you’ve got yourself a brand new Jiayu S3, you can root it by just going into settings and turning on an option. That’s all it takes for you to root your phone.
Here’re the full instructions for doing that:
Files You Need
- You don’t actually need a computer to root the Jiayu S3 as it can be rooted right from its system itself.
- You don’t need to download any files, either. You can enable the root-access from the phone itself.
- This only works for the Jiayu S3 that runs on the Android KitKat version. Lollipop users shouldn’t try this.
Rooting the Jiayu S3 running on Android KitKat
- Launch Settings from the app drawer on your phone.
- Tap on Security in the Settings menu.
- Checkmark the box that says Superuser.
- Close the Settings menu.
- Reboot your phone.
- You’re now rooted!
Yeah, easy peasy, wasn’t it?
Enabling an option in Settings was all you needed to achieve root access on your Jiayu S3. You can use the Root Checker app to verify proper root-access on your phone.
Now that you’re rooted, you can head to our how to install a custom recovery on the Jiayu S3 tutorial to flash a custom recovery on your phone. A custom recovery should let you flash a custom ROM on your phone, so go ahead and get it right away!