These are the steps to root the Karbonn Smart A21 smartphone using the Bin4ry one click rooting package and a Windows computer.
Files You Need
- Download the Bin4ry rooting package for the Smart A21 device from this page.
- Download the universal ADB Driver by Koush for your computer from here.
- You are choosing to void the Karbonn warranty when you follow the guide to root the Smart 21 smartphone. Moreover, the Bin4ry tool does not come with any unrooting method attached, so you will need to flash the stock ROM manually back on your Karbonn smartphone to get the warranty working again. By flashing the stock ROM on your A21, you are also unrooting the device at the same time.
Rooting the Karbonn Smart A21
- Your smartphone is going to reboot three times during this guide. Do not worry as it is normal and part of the rooting process.
- Start by enabling the USB Debugging Mode on your Karbonn A21 by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode. Those of you with the Developer Options locked on the Karbonn can unlock that by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build number 7 times.
- Download the Bin4ry package to your Windows computer and shift it over to the desktop. You will find it ends up in the downloads folder by default on any Windows PC. Open that downloads folder and drag it over to the desktop.
- Right-click over the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v31.zip file and choose the “extract here” option.
- Double-click on the run.bat file you will find inside.
- Connect the Karbonn A21 device to the computer with the same USB cable you normally use to charge the battery.
- The rooting program should now pick up your device if the drivers are working.
- Follow the commands on the screen to complete the job of rooting your device.
- Close down the rooting program and unplug your Karbonn device from the computer.
Reboot the A21 smartphone before you do anything else. Now open the Google Play Store after you have rebooted the device and install the basic root checker app. The basic version is the free one and it gives you everything you need to check if your device has the rooting permissions you wanted. Just make sure you open the app and agree to update and grant the Superuser access if requested or else it cannot work.