These are the steps to root the Karbonn Titanium S5 smartphone. Rooting the S5 by Karbonn is achieved through the Motochopper method — the same rooting tool that is used by many devices, including some popular handsets from the Motorola range. Once root is achieved, you can start installing your apps from the Google Play Store, and you might even be lucky enough to find some custom ROMs available.
Files You Need
- Download the Motochopper rooting exploit for your Karbonn from this link.
- Download the universal ADB Driver made by Koush from this link.
- You are voiding the Karbonn warranty by rooting the Titanium S5 device. You can unroot by flashing the official Karbonn stock ROM back on the device. Stock ROMs are usually model number specific, so just make sure you are installing the right ROM on your device to avoid any boot loops and soft brick scenarios.
Rooting the Karbonn Titanium S5
- Download the Motochopper rooting exploit from the link above and have it on the computer desktop.
- Right-click over the file and select the “extract here” option from the menu.
- From within the same folder you just extracted, double-click on the run.bat file.
- Wait for the run.bat file to open on your desktop and deliver you the rest of your instructions.
- Check the Karbonn display for a notification telling you to allow the USB Debugging Mode — make sure you say yes to that option.
- Do not touch any buttons until the Titanium S5 device reboots.
- Now that your Titanium S5 device is rebooted, your rooting is done and you can open the Google Play Store and install the root checker app.
- Feel free to stay within the same Google Play Store and install your root-requiring apps, or see if you can find a guide for the custom recovery.