Rooting the Kyocera Hydro Life is how you can start using many more applications from the Google Play Store. Must people don’t know that root access gives the end user more features. Those devices running software earlier than Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich could not even take a screenshot without root access. As time goes on, some people say the need for root access is becoming less apparent. You could argue that’s true when looking at the additional features with have on our devices these days with Android Lollipop and 6.0 Marshmallow.
Taking a screenshot is an easy thing to do with the click of a few buttons. However, many of the applications from the Google Play Store still require root access to work. Furthermore, it’s difficult to see that changing. Getting apps from the Play Store to increase your device’s performance is always going to be the most popular part about root access. That’s why there are still plenty of reasons to hack the internal system of the Kyocera Hydro Life.
Files You Need
- Download the Root Genius application from this page.
- You will only get this working with a Windows PC. The Root Genius software does not support any other operating system.
- Rooting the Kyocera Hydro Life using the Root Genius app does void the warranty. You can unroot the Hydro Life smartphone and the warranty will work again.
Rooting the Kyocera Hydro Life (T-Mobile and MetroPCS)
- Make sure you have enabled the USB Debugging Mode on your Hydro Life device by pointing it to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Download the Root Genius app and move it to the desktop.
- Double-click over the executable file and launch the Root Genius application on your desktop.
- Connect the Hydro Life to the computer using the USB cable you normally use for charging the battery.
- The Root Genius user-interface will detect your device after you plug it in to the computer.
- Click the Rooting button you can see from the Root Genius user-interface.
- Wait until the app roots your device and then manually reboot it like you normally would.
- Unplug the Hydro Life from the computer and open the Google Play Store app.
- Browse the Play Store for the SuperSU application and make sure you install it on your device.
You can now open the Google Play Store once again and start installing your root-requiring apps like the Greenify app.