If you’ve been looking around for a way to root your Kyocera Hydro Vibe, then look no further as the complete rooting guide is available here for you. Rooting the aforementioned device is as easy as pie, all thanks to KingRoot for making the job easier for all of us.
As you may already know, rooting lets you open new opportunities for you to customize your phone. You can run root-requiring apps, flash a custom recovery followed by a custom ROM, flash a custom kernel, and do literally everything when you’re rooted. So, all it takes is root, and here’s how you can gain it on your phone:
Files You Need
- You don’t actually need a computer to do this tutorial as the root app can directly be installed on your phone. The tutorial, however, includes steps for a computer.
- This uses the universal root app – KingRoot – to gain root-access on your phone.
- Download KingRoot app to your computer.
Rooting the Kyocera Hydro Vibe
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy KingRoot from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When KingRoot is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Security on your phone and enable Unknown sources. It’ll let you install apps from outside the Google Play store on your phone.
- Open File Manager and tap on KingRoot to install the app on your phone.
- Wait for it to install the app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, launch it from your menu.
- Tap on Root in the app and wait for it to root your phone.
- When the app’s done rooting your phone, reboot your phone.
- You’re all set!
Your Kyocera Hydro Vibe should now be rooted and you can confirm the root-access using an app like Root Checker on your phone.
Enjoy your newly unlocked freedom!