If you root your Lenovo A6000 Plus, not only do you get access to root-requiring apps, but you get access to tons of custom developments that is available for your phone. Ranging from custom ROMs to custom kernels, everything can run on your phone if you just have root access and a custom recovery.
While a custom recovery is yet to be available for your phone, you can enjoy the root-access in the meantime. And for you folks, here’s the guide for rooting the Lenovo A600 Plus using the simplest method available:
Files You Need
- You do not actually need a computer to do this tutorial as the app can directly be downloaded and installed on your phone.
- This should not wipe the data stored on your phone, however, backup your important files for when something goes wrong.
- This is a universal root method that works for a number of Android phones. Yours is just one of them.
- Download KingRoot to your computer. It is the universal root app that will help you root your phone.
Rooting the Lenovo A6000 Plus
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure your phone is in data transfer mode as you are going to transfer a file from your computer over to your phone.
- Copy KingRoot APK from your computer over to the internal storage on your phone. Place it on the top so it is easily accessible.
- Unplug your phone from your computer when KingRoot is copied.
- On your phone, go to Menu followed by Settings. Tap on Security and enable the option that says Unknown sources. It will allow you to install apps from outside the Google Play store on your phone.
- Unlock the developer options menu on your phone by going to Menu followed by Settings. Tap on About phone and then tap on Build number for 7-8 times.
- Go to Settings and tap on Developer options. Enable the option that says USB debugging.
- Launch a File Manager on your phone and tap on KingRoot APK to install the app on your phone.
- Wait for the app to be installed on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, open it from your menu.
- Tap on big Root button in the app and it should begin rooting your phone.
- It should not take too long to gain root access on your phone, have patience, though.
- When the app’s done rooting your phone, reboot your phone.
- Check your app drawer and see if SuperSU app exists there. If it does, you are all set.
- You are now completely rooted!
Cheers! You have successfully rooted your Lenovo A6000 Plus smartphone and the given SuperSU app should help you provide root permissions to various root-requiring apps on your phone.
Now that you have root-access on your phone, feel free to load up your phone with your favourite root-requiring apps. They should all work fine but make sure you do not do over customizations or you will have to unroot your phone and get it back to the stock to undo the customizations.
If you are not sure what you can do with your rooted phone, you can head to our what you can do with a rooted phone guide to learn new ideas that you can carry out on your phone. So, go ahead and give it a try to let us know how it works for you in the comments section below.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install Custom Recovery On Lenovo A3000
- How To Root Lenovo IdeaTab A3000 On Android 4.2
- How To Install Custom Recovery On Huawei Ascend Mate 7
- How To Root Huawei Ascend Mate 7 On Android 5.1.1
- How To Root Asus ZenWatch On Android Wear OS
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.