No matter what manufacturer an Android device comes from, the talented Android developers always find out a way to gain root-access on it. Be it a Samsung device or a Lenovo device, you can have root-access on it and the credit for it goes to the hard working developers.
Lenovo A850+ is an Android device that can be rooted using the Root Genius tool. The said tool can root a number of Android devices and the aforementioned device is one of them. Here’s how you can root your device using Root Genius:
Files You Need
1. Download Root Genius to your computer. It’s the only tool that you need to gain root-access on your Lenovo A850+.
Rooting the Lenovo A850+
1. In order for Root Genius to be able to root your device, you should have the USB debugging option enabled on it. To enable it, head to Menu->Settings->Developer options and turn on the USB debugging option.
2. Double-click on Root Genius executable and wait for it to launch.
3. When it launches, plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Now click on Root it in the tool and wait for it to root your device.
5. It should take a couple of minutes to root your device.
6. When it’s done, reboot your device.
7. You’re now rooted!
How easy it was to root your device. You should now see the Kinguser app in your app drawer that confirms you have root-access on your device. If you’re still concerned, please download and install Root Checker and let it verify the root access on your device.
To take the full advantage of root-access on your device, you should install a custom recovery on it. Getting a custom recovery installed on the Lenovo A850+ is as easy as pie and you can follow our guide here to do exactly that.