While it was a daunting task to root an Android phone a couple of years ago, it has now become easier with various rooting tools available in the market. These tools help you root your device using a single-click and they do all the things for you so your device gets rooted properly.
If you’ve got a new Lenovo A889 and you wish to gain root-access on it, you can follow our guide below:
Files You Need
1. Download and install Lenovo USB drivers on your computer, if you haven’t already done that. It will help your computer to recognize your device.
2. Download Root Genius to your computer. It is the tool that will help you root your device.
Rooting the Lenovo A889
1. Ensure that the required drivers are installed on your computer.
2. Launch the Root Genius tool on your computer by double-clicking on its executable file.
3. On your device, head to Menu->Settings->Developer options and enable the USB debugging option. It needs to be enabled in order for your computer to interact with your device.
4. Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer.
5. When your phone is connected to your computer, click on Root it in the tool and it will begin rooting your phone.
6. Reboot your phone when it’s rooted.
7. When it reboots, open your app drawer and look for the KingUser app. If it’s there, you’re rooted.
If you don’t find the KingUser app to be convenient for you, you can install the standard SuperSU app that works the same as the aforementioned app.
So your Lenovo A889 is now rooted. Go ahead, enjoy the privileges that root has given you, and have fun!
Please share this article: