There are many apps to install on the Lenovo S880 once you root the device. One of the most common reasons to root any Android is for the additional Firewall support. There are numerous apps for increasing the Firewall on the Lenovo S880 device. One of the apps we recommend is the AFWall+ app.
You can find the AFWall+ app available for installation from the Google Play Store after you unroot your Lenovo S880 device.
Files You Need
- Download the rooting exploit from the XDA Developers thread found on this page.
- Download the universal ADB Driver to your computer from this page.
- You do void the warranty of your Lenovo mobile device by following this guide. You always lose the warranty if you root, unlock a bootloader or install a custom recovery.
- We recommend following this guide if you are running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. You can downgrade the Lenovo S880 if you are currently running something newer.
Rooting the Lenovo S880
- Download the rooting exploit from the files section above and extract it to the desktop. To do that, have it on the desktop and then right-click the mouse over the file. Now select the “extract here” option.
- Make sure the USB Debugging Box is enabled by pointing to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Connect your Lenovo S880 device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Double-click over the TPSparkyRoot.bat file that is found in the extracted folder.
- Follow the rest of the commands issued by the program that is now opening up on your computer after you run that file.
- Reboot your Lenovo S880 device when you are done.
You can start installing any of the root-requiring apps from the Google Play Store. It’s a great idea to start with the root checker app first.