LG’s G Stylo phone comes packed with some really great features that you would love exploring. Being an Android device, it can be rooted for you to add some extra cool features to it. These features include installing root-requiring apps, flashing a custom recovery, and doing everything that your manufacturer has been preventing you to do.
Root-requiring apps let you remove bloatware from your phone, help you tweak your phone, and do literally everything you want on your phone. If that sounds interesting to you, here’s how you can root your LG G Stylo (MetroPCS):
Files You Need
- You don’t need a computer to do this tutorial as the root app can directly be downloaded and installed on your phone. However, the tutorial covers the computer part, too.
- This uses the KingRoot universal root method to root your phone.
- Download KingRoot app to your computer.
- If yours is a T-Mobile variant, please head to our how to root the LG G Stylo from T-Mobile tutorial to root your phone.
Rooting the LG G Stylo (MetroPCS)
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy KingRoot from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When KingRoot is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Head to Menu->Settings->About phone on your phone and tap on Build number for 8 times and it’ll say you’re a developer.
- Head back to Settings and tap on Developer options. Turn on the option that says USB debugging.
- Head back to Settings and tap on Security. Turn on the Unknown sources option. It’ll allow you to install apps from outside the Google Play store on your phone.
- Launch File Manager and tap on KingRoot to install the app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, open it from your app drawer.
- Tap on Root in the app and wait for it to root your phone.
- When it’s done rooting, you should see something like the following image.
- Reboot your phone.
- You’re all done!
Cheers! Your LG G Stylo from MetroPCS is now completely rooted and the same can be confirmed using Root Checker on your phone.
If root-access alone doesn’t satisfy you, you can flash a custom recovery on your LG G Stylo and have it flashed with the custom ROM of your choice!