So, finally, here comes a method to root the LG G Watch R. It all started out by first unlocking the bootloader, then flashing a custom recovery, and now gaining root on the watch. You’re moving really fast to customize your watch to a greater extent.
Once you’re rooted, you’ll be exposed to a number of root-requiring apps that you can install on your watch. All these apps bring with them some really cool features that you do not want to miss out on.
So, here’s how to root your LG G Watch R:
Files You Need
- Your bootloader must be unlocked before you can do this tutorial. You can head here to unlock the bootloader on your watch.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your watch. Please head to our how to install a custom recovery on the LG G Watch R tutorial to learn how you can flash a custom recovery on your watch.
- You must have access to a Windows computer to do this tutorial.
- Make sure that ADB drivers are installed on your Windows computer.
- Download ADB to your computer. It should help you reboot your watch into recovery mode.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. It should help you gain root on your watch.
Rooting the LG G Watch R
- First of all, uncompress files from ADB to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Head to About on your watch and tap on Build number for 7 times. It should unlock the ADB mode for you.
- Plug in your watch to your computer using a cable.
- Launch a CMD window in the folder where ADB files are located. Make sure that SuperSU .zip and ADB files are in the same folder or the below steps won’t work. To launch the window, hold down Shift and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Type in the following command into the CMD window and press Enter. Make sure to replace SuperSU.zip with the actual name of the SuperSU file that you have downloaded.
adb push SuperSU.zip /sdcard/
- Once that is done, issue the following command using the CMD window:
adb reboot recovery
- Your watch should reboot into recovery mode.
- When your watch enters the recovery mode, tap on Install.
- Select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your watch.
- Confirm the prompt and wait for TWRP to install SuperSU on your watch.
- When TWRP’s done flashing SuperSU, reboot your watch.
- Your watch should now be rooted!
Cheers! Your LG G Watch R is now rooted and is ready to be loaded with your favourite root-requiring apps.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install CyanogenMod On Xiaomi Mi4
- How To Root Wiko Ridge 4G On Android 4.4.4
- How To Root Kyocera Event On Android 4.0
- How To Root LG Optimus G Pro Lite On Android 4.1.2
- How To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 2
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.