IORoot just works fine to root the latest T-Mobile LG G2 smartphone that many of you have bought the next day it was released. Once you’ve rooted your phone, you will have endless opportunities to customize your device. From the appearance to the features, you will decide what to keep and what to ditch.
Here’s how to root your device:
Files You Need
1. Your bootloader should be unlocked before you can do this tutorial.
2. Download IORoot to your computer. It is the utility that will help you gain root-access on your device.
Rooting the LG G2 (T-Mobile)
1. Extract files from IORoot to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here. Don’t launch any root files just yet.
2. Enable USB debugging on your LG G2. To do that, head to Menu->Settings->Developer options and turn on the switch for USB debugging.
3. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Double-click on IORoot.bat that you extracted from the archive.
5. Wait for IORoot to achieve root-access on your T-Mobile LG G2.
6. When it is done doing all the processes, reboot your device.
7. You’re now rooted!
Congratulations! Your T-Mobile variant of the LG G2 now has root-access and you can follow our how to install a custom recovery on the LG G2 guide to install a custom recovery that will help you flash various custom ROMs on your device.