The European variant of the LG G3 is the one that is sold all over the world. While you get carrier specific variants in the United States, the rest of the world enjoys the European variant that is model numbered as D855.
Rooting this LG G3 (Europe) is as easy as rooting its siblings. Just get the required files ready and you’ll be all set to gain root on your device. Here’s how:
Files You Need
1. You need to be running a Windows based computer to be able to do this tutorial.
2. Download and install LG USB drivers on your computer, if you don’t already have them.
3. Download One Click Root Tool to your computer. It lets you root your LG G3 with a single-click.
Rooting the LG G3 (Europe)
1. Extract files from One Click Root Tool by double-clicking on its executable file.
2. Go to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your device and turn on USB debugging.
If you don’t see Developer options in your settings menu, please head to Menu->Settings->About phone and tap on Build number for about 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer. You should then be able to see the aforesaid option in your settings menu.
3. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Open the folder where one click root tool is located. Double-click on the tool executable and it’ll launch.
5. When the tool launches, click the Start button and it will begin rooting your device.
6. When it’s done rooting, simply reboot your device for the changes to take effect.
7. You’re all set!
Cheers! Your LG G3 (Europe) is now rooted and you can confirm the same using Root Checker on your device, if you wish.
That was about rooting your device. If you wish to install a custom ROM on your device, you’re going to need a custom recovery. You can follow our how to install a custom recovery on the LG G3 (Europe) tutorial to learn how you can flash a custom recovery on your device which will then let you flash a custom ROM.
Furthermore, you may unroot the LG G3 at anytime, after you gain root access. Doing so will revoke the custom ROM and return you back to the stock Android that comes with your LG G3 usually. Moreover, you should find the warranty claims working again for your handset.