LG G3 from T-Mobile has the same features as its other siblings, however, the only thing that differs it from the others is its model number. In case you have purchased the brand new G3 from T-Mobile, you might want to root it to unlock its true capabilities.
An unrooted device only lets you do limited things, such as installing and uninstalling apps, making basic customizations, and so on. A rooted device lets you go beyond that and you can apply custom developments, flash new ROMs, and do many more things on your device. In order to do any of these things, you must be rooted. That’s what you’re going to learn in the following guide.
So, here’s how you can go about rooting your T-Mobile LG G3:
Files You Need
1. You must have a Windows-based computer to be able to do this tutorial.
2. You should have LG USB drivers installed on your computer. If you don’t, install them first.
3. Download LG One Click Root to your computer. It lets you root your LG G3 with a single-click.
Rooting the LG G3 (T-Mobile)
1. Unzip files from LG One Click Root Tool to your computer by double-clicking on the Root Tool executable file.
2. You need to enable USB debugging on your device before your computer can interact with it. To do so, head to Menu->Settings>Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
3. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Double-click on Root Tool executable on your computer to launch it.
5. When the tool launches, hit the button that says Start and it will start rooting your device.
6. Wait for the tool to root your device.
7. When it’s done rooting, reboot your device.
8. You’re all set!
Your T-Mobile variant of the LG G3 should now be rooted and you can confirm it using Root Checker on your device.
Now that you are rooted, you can head to our how to install a custom recovery on the LG G3 (T-Mobile) tutorial to install a custom recovery on your device. It’ll help you flash a custom ROM on your device.