If you’ve bought your LG G3 from US Cellular, the following guide should help you obtain root-access on it. In case you don’t know, root-access lets you enjoy many of those root-requiring apps on your device that bring extra features and appearances for you to enjoy.
If that sounds good to you, here’s how to root your US Cellular LG G3:
Files You Need
1. This should only work on the US Cellular variant of the LG G3 smartphone. Please do not try this on any other device or you’ll brick it.
3. Download IORoot to your computer. It’ll be used to gain root on your device.
4. Download and install LG USB drivers on your computer, if you don’t already have them.
5. This should only work on a Windows based computer.
Rooting the LG G3 (US Cellular — US990)
1. Extract files from IORoot to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Turn on USB debugging on your device by going to Menu->Settings->Developer options->USB debugging.
3. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Double-click on root.bat file that you extracted from IORoot archive. It should launch.
5. Hit any key on your keyboard when the tool asks you to do that.
6. Wait for it to gain root-access on your device.
7. When it’s done rooting, reboot your device.
8. And you’re all set!
Your LG G3 from US Cellular is now rooted. You can have it confirmed using Root Checker on your device.
If you think all that you want from your device cannot be accessed using just root-access, you can go ahead and install a custom recovery on your LG G3 (US Cellular) to enjoy many of the best custom ROMs out there that will satisfy all of your needs.
Do it and let us know how it works out for you!