So ladies and gentleman, you will be glad to know that the root-access has been achieved on our beloved LG G4 H815. Although it currently only works on the European variant of the device, the said variant is the one that’s sold all over the world.
So chances are very high that you have got this variant of the device. In case you have, you can follow the following steps to root that latest beast.
Once rooted, you’ll meet your favorite root-requiring apps, custom ROMs and kernels, performance tweaks, and everything else that I forgot to mention here.
Here you go folks:
Files You Need
1. The bootloader on your device must be unlocked. Please follow our how to unlock the bootloader on the LG G4 (Europe) tutorial to unlock the bootloader on your device.
2. You must have a custom recovery installed on your device. Please head to our how to install a custom recovery on the LG G4 (Europe) tutorial to learn how you can install a custom recovery on your device.
3. This should flash the SuperSU package on your device to achieve the root-access.
4. Download SuperSU to your computer.
Rooting the LG G4 (Europe) H815
1. Connect your phone to your computer in data transfer mode using a USB cable.
2. Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the internal storage on your phone.
3. When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Turn your phone back on in recovery mode. To do that, hold down Power and Volume DOWN keys simultaneously for a few seconds.
6. Your phone should reboot into recovery mode.
7. Once in recovery, select Install.
8. Choose the SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
9. Swipe to Confirm and wait for it to flash the selected package on your phone.
10. When it’s done flashing the file, reboot your phone.
11. You’re now rooted!
Excellent! Your European variant of the LG G4 is now rooted.
It’s time you celebrate this achievement by loading-up your device with your favorite root-requiring apps. Not only apps, but you can also flash custom ROMs and custom kernels on your device when they become available using the custom recovery that you have flashed on your device.
That was all you needed to do to customize your LG G4. Have fun!
You can read how to unroot the international LG G4 smartphone and return the device back to stock.