The LG Lucid 4G have been out in stores since the beginning of this year. It is a Verizon exclusive phone, which is aimed at taking back some of the middle and entry-level market. These devices are always primed to open up and give root access to. The reason for that is they don’t have high-end specs and by doing so, you can really get the most out of them.
Although released this year, the Lucid 4G came with Gingerbread out of the box (which is what this guide is for). There is also an Ice Cream Sandwich which it was later updated too, which can also be rooted.
We do our utmost best to give correct and fitting information. However, sometimes all it takes is one wrong press of the button for things to go wrong. If that happens, we are not going to be held responsible for any damages that might happen to your handset after the guide is finished.
- Backup the handset with one of the many ways that there is to do so. Titanium backup is a very popular tool to use these days. The internal SD card is another good one. Just don’t mistake this for the external SD card because this is two different things. The external one is also a much harder process to do. If you want to go one step further you can then transfer the contents of the SD card over to the computer. For most people the last bit is not a fast process.
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled from the developer options. There is the other way by visiting the settings app and then going to about the phone.
- If there is something you would like further explaining for, by all means drop us a comment and we’ll help you out. We are online many hours of the day and it won’t be long before we see your message appear.
- Give the phone enough battery to see you through to the end. You don’t want it running low if the procedure isn’t complete. This can lead to bricking the mobile.
- You must disable all anti-virus, including the one on your PC temporarily and on your phone.
- Verify the USB Drivers are up to date for a secure connection.
- Do not use this guide on any other device because it will risk bricking. Bricks can be fixed in most cases but they require extra work that is not provided by us here. Visit the XDA Developers forum for more information on the topic.
- Rooting voids the manufacturers warranty and there’s no way to get it back again unless you return back to the stock software and chain the OS back up.
The LG Lucid 4G root guide
1. Download the root file and save it to the computer. Extract the files.
Inside you will find the adbWinUSBApi.dll, busybox, run, su, Superuser.apk. adb, adbWinApi.dll files.
2. Connect the Lucid to the computer with the USB cable.
3. Click on the run.bat file and open it.
4. Press enter to confirm.
5. Follow the instructions presented on the screen.
6. Wait for the flashing to finish.
7. Disconnect the smartphone properly by stopping the USB Mass Storage Device.
When it is finished, the phone should reboot by itself. When it is turned back on you will have root access.
Enjoy the many things you can do now. There are some precautionary measures that also need taken care of before you rush into installing all new custom Rom’s and unlocking new power. They are generally to do with backing up the system files. The guys over at XDA are able to give you more information on those articles .
Did you know:
Back in March of this year we saw the first ever specs leaked for this handset. We then got to see a full live render-image in the same month. By March 29 it was launched. Before its launch date Verizon had already been in talks to pick it up and it was then that we knew that this handset would be going further than we originally thought it would.