Want to root your LG Optimus Exceed 2? The best way to do it is with a tool known as Towelroot. It exploits a bit of code in the Android kernel, so this method works on pretty much any version of Android.
It should be noted that on some versions of Android, when installed, you will be told Towelroot is a virus. It is not. You will need to check the box, ignore the warning and install it anyways. Don’t worry, the app isn’t doing anything other than running an exploit. Your files and everything is safe.
This guide involves using a file manager. If you don’t have one already installed on your Android device, install one. There are many different types of file managers available. It doesn’t really matter what one you choose, so long as it can browse to the download directory and launch the installation process for the APK file you need.
Files You Need
- The Towelroot APK. This can be downloaded directly from the browser on your Android device. Alternatively, you can download the file on your computer and transfer it over via a USB cable.
- A file manager to browse to where Towelroot has been downloaded.
- Superuser to allow root access permissions.
- Root checker to verify your root status once the process has been completed.
Rooting the LG Optimus Exceed 2
- Navigate you way into Android settings and enable unknown sources. This is located in the security area.
- Open this link in your web browser. Once you’re there, download the Towelroot apk file to your Android device.
- Using your file manager of choice, go to where the downloads folder and tap on the apk file to install it.
- Go to the app drawer and launch Towelroot.
- Inside the app, click the root button to start the process.
- The rooting process will begin.
- After a while, Towelroot will complete the rooting process.
- When the rooting process is over, head over to the Google Play store and install the super user app to your device.
- Install root checker to verify that you indeed have gained root access on your LG Optimus Exceed 2.