One of the most easiest ways to gain root on the LG Optimus G Pro Lite is to use the iRoot universal root tool and let it root your phone. All it takes for you to gain root on your phone is a single click on a button in the app, and you should be rooted. All set.
Here’s how you can do that all:
Files You Need
- You must have a Windows running computer to do this tutorial.
- Ensure that LG USB drivers are installed on your Windows computer. If they aren’t, install them first.
- Download iRoot to your computer. It’s a one-click root tool that roots a number of Android phones.
Rooting the LG Optimus G Pro Lite
- Double-click on iRoot setup and follow the installation wizard to install the tool on your Windows computer.
- When the tool is installed, open it by double-clicking on its shortcut icon.
- On your phone, head to Menu->Settings->Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- The tool should detect your phone if the drivers are properly installed on your computer.
- Click on Root in the tool and wait for it to root your phone.
- It should only take a couple of minutes to gain root access on your phone.
- When iRoot’s done rooting, reboot your phone.
- Launch Google Play on your phone and search for and tap on SuperSU.
- Install the SuperSU app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, launch it from your app drawer.
- Hit Yes when prompted to update the library files.
- Wait for SuperSU to update its library files.
- When library files are updated, tap on Settings in the app.
- Tap on Remove other superuser app.
- It should remove the other Chinese superuser app that was installed by the iRoot app on your phone.
- You’re all set!
Your LG Optimus G Pro Lite should now be rooted. You can confirm the root access on your phone using the Root Checker app. If it says you have root access, you’re all set.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 2
- How To Install Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 5 On Android 5.1.1
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9152) On Android 4.2.2
- How To Install Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.