One of the most easiest ways to gain root on the LG Optimus G Pro Lite is to use the iRoot universal root tool and let it root your phone. All it takes for you to gain root on your phone is a single click on a button in the app, and you should be rooted. All set.
Here’s how you can do that all:
Files You Need
- You must have a Windows running computer to do this tutorial.
- Ensure that LG USB drivers are installed on your Windows computer. If they aren’t, install them first.
- Download iRoot to your computer. It’s a one-click root tool that roots a number of Android phones.
Rooting the LG Optimus G Pro Lite
- Double-click on iRoot setup and follow the installation wizard to install the tool on your Windows computer.
- When the tool is installed, open it by double-clicking on its shortcut icon.
- On your phone, head to Menu->Settings->Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- The tool should detect your phone if the drivers are properly installed on your computer.
- Click on Root in the tool and wait for it to root your phone.
- It should only take a couple of minutes to gain root access on your phone.
- When iRoot’s done rooting, reboot your phone.
- Launch Google Play on your phone and search for and tap on SuperSU.
- Install the SuperSU app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, launch it from your app drawer.
- Hit Yes when prompted to update the library files.
- Wait for SuperSU to update its library files.
- When library files are updated, tap on Settings in the app.
- Tap on Remove other superuser app.
- It should remove the other Chinese superuser app that was installed by the iRoot app on your phone.
- You’re all set!
Your LG Optimus G Pro Lite should now be rooted. You can confirm the root access on your phone using the Root Checker app. If it says you have root access, you’re all set!