Everyone knows about the same list of top 100 rooted apps people use, but did you know there’s a new list and likely one you haven’t yet seen? If you root the LG Optimus L9 P769 smartphones using the guide below, you can install the DPI Changer application. If you love your Optimus L9 device, but you wish the screen was better quality, the DPI Changer is a great app for you. After installing the DPI Changer, you can adjust the PPI and DPI of your screen to give better results.
The DPI Changer application is available from the Google Play Store and is just one example of what you can install after you root LG Optimus L9 smartphones.
Files You Need
- Download the rooting package from XDA Developers.
- Download the RunMe package from XDA Developers.
- You are choosing to void the warranty agreements you had with LG by following this guide. You can unroot the device anytime and get the warranty working again.
- You need a Windows PC to follow this guide.
Rooting the LG Optimus L9 P769
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled on the device by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Download both requires files from the files section above and have them on your Windows PCs desktop.
- Right-click over the rooting package and choose the ‘extract here’ option from the menu.
- Look within that folder and Rename the RunMe_L9.txt file to RunMe_L9.bat.
- Connect your LG L9 device to the Windows PC using the USB cable.
- Make sure you choose the USB LG Mode as your connection type.
- Right-click the mouse over the RunMe_L9.bat file.
- Choose to Run as administrator.
- Wait for a prompt message and choose the ‘restore my data’ option.
- Install SuperSU from the Google Play Store and reboot the LG device.
Now you should have root access on your LG Optimus L9 smartphone. You might want to open the Google Play Store app once again and install the root checker application before you start installing the root-requiring apps.