What’s so great about one-click root methods is that they let you escape all the hassle and get you to the main point — rooting your device.
LG Tribute is one of those devices that is supported by the LG One Click root method for rooting in a single-click. Once you’re rooted, you can install root-requiring apps, install a custom recovery, flash a custom ROM, and do literally everything on your device.
It all starts with root, so here’s how you can root your LG Tribute:
Files You Need
1. You must have a computer that runs Windows in order to do this tutorial.
2. Ensure that you have installed LG USB Drivers on your computer.
3. Download Root Package to your computer. It’s the package that contains everything you need to root your device.
Rooting the LG Tribute
1. Double-click on the Root Package executable file and extract the root tool to a folder on your computer.
2. Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your device and turn on USB debugging.
In case you don’t see Developer options in your Settings menu, please go to Menu->Settings->About phone and tap on Build number for about 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer. When it does, you will see the Developer options menu in your Settings.
3. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Double-click on the root tool that you extracted to your computer.
5. Click on Start in the tool and wait for it to gain root-access on your device.
6. When it’s done rooting, reboot your device.
7. You’re all done!
Cheers! Your LG Tribute is now rooted and the same can be confirmed using the Root Checker app on your device.