It seems Framaroot can just root almost all the Android devices out there. While the app has been proven to be successful for the popular brands, it does root less-popular phones as well, the Maximum Max 908, for example.
If you’ve got this shiny new device and want to gain root-access on it, follow our tutorial below and you should be done in no time.
We suggest you backup the data on your Maximus smartphone by using the built-in backup feature, or by installing a third-party application from Google Play such as Helium for Android. You might need to try out a few different apps to store everything from phone contacts, SMS texts, call logs, videos, music files, pictures and Settings, but it’s worth it in the end. You might need to apply a factory reset and if you do that you lose the data.
You’ll need to allow permission from the USB Debugging Mode. You’ll find that inside the Developer Options menu available from the Settings menu on your Maximus smartphone. if you don’t see the Developer Options you’ll want to unlock it by tapping on the build number seven times from the About Device menu.
Here you go:
Files You Need
1. Download Framaroot APK to your computer. It’s an universal root app that can root a number of Android devices.
Rooting the Maximus Max 908
1. Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable.
2. Copy Framaroot APK from your computer over to the SD card storage on your device.
3. When Framaroot is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
4. On your device, head to Menu->Settings->Security and turn on Unknown sources. What it’ll do is enable the installation of apps from outside the Google Play store.
5. Open File Manager and tap on Framaroot to install the app on your device.
6. When the app is installed, open it from your app drawer.
7. Make sure the dropdown menu in the app says Install SuperSU.
8. Tap on Boromir button in the app and wait for it to root your device.
9. You should be notified when your device is rooted.
10. You’re done.
Congrats! Your Maximus Max 908 is now rooted and has SuperSU to help you manage root-permissions for various root-apps on your device.
While root does let you enjoy many of the root-requiring apps on your device, a custom recovery lets you do many more things than what you can do with root. Follow our guide on how to install a custom recovery on the Maximus Max 908 to install a custom recovery on your device for the purpose of customizing your device to a great extent.