The Micromax A91 Ninja runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich out-of-the box, and it seems it’s the only version of Android that it has been able to get on itself. If you’ve got this phone and are bored of it just because you haven’t got any software updates for it, you can root your phone and get access to a number of root-requiring apps that will help you kill the boredom and keep you attached to your lovely A91 Ninja.
Root access allows you to run root-requiring apps on your phone. These are the apps that go beyond the limit to help you customize your phone. Whether it’s the launcher or the boot-animation, if you don’t like it, you can have it changed with the root-requiring apps.
If that sounds good to you, you can root your phone using the below guide:
Files You Need
- Backup anything that you think is important for you before proceeding further.
- This requires you to have access to a computer that runs Windows OS.
- Make sure that PDAnet drivers are installed on your Windows computer.
- Download Bin4ry Package to your computer. It’s the package that contains files to root your phone.
- This tutorial’s been written keeping the Micromax A91 Ninja in mind.
Rooting the Micromax A91 Ninja
- Uncompress files from Bin4ry Package over to your computer by right-clicking on the package and selecting Extract here.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your phone and turn on USB debugging.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Right-click on RunMe.bat file that you extracted from the archive and select Run as administrator.
- The first option is for rooting your phone. So, press 1 on your keyboard and hit Enter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for rooting your Micromax A91 Ninja.
- In one of the rooting steps, you’ll be asked to tap a button on your phone.
- When the tool’s done rooting your phone, reboot your phone.
- You’re all set!
Your Micromax A91 Ninja has been successfully rooted. You can confirm the root access using Root Checker on your phone.
You can check out one of our posts that talks about what you can do with a rooted Android phone.
We also have a guide on how to flash a custom recovery on the Micromax A91 Ninja. A custom recovery should help you flash a custom ROM on your phone which changes all the elements on your phone for better interface and improved performance. So make sure you check it out at least once!