Maybe you’ve flashed a custom recovery on your Micromax FunBook and you now wish to have root-access on it? If so, you’re at the right place. The following guide is going to teach you how you can root your Micromax FunBook and get root-requiring apps running on it.
Not only is it just root-requiring apps that you can use on your device after rooting it, but you also get access to a number of custom ROMs that can be flashed on your device. These ROMs usually come pre-rooted and have dozes of cool new features that you haven’t had before.
If that sounds cool to you, here’s how to root your device:
Files You Need
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your device. If you don’t, flash one using the guide given here.
- This should flash SuperSU on your device to achieve root access.
- Download SuperSU package to your computer. Please do not extract it, leave it as is.
Rooting the Micromax FunBook
- Connect your FunBook to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal storage on your device.
- Once SuperSU is copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
- Turn off your device.
- Turn your device back on in the recovery that you installed earlier on your device. To do so, hold down Menu and Power buttons together.
- Wait for your device to reboot into the recovery mode.
- Once your device enters the recovery mode, select the install zip from sdcard option.
- Select choose zip from sdcard option on the screen that follows.
- Select SuperSU .zip that you copied earlier for flashing.
- Confirm the prompt for flashing.
- Wait for the recovery mode to flash SuperSU on your device.
- When it’s done flashing SuperSU, reboot your device by choosing reboot system now.
- Your device should reboot.
- You should now be rooted!
And you’re all done.
Your Micromax FunBook is now rooted and is fully compatible with all of your favourite root-requiring apps. Head over to Google Play to learn more about such apps.