Moto X 2nd-gen is released in India and selling like the earlier version. This phone has the high specs at a very low price. The body design of Moto x 2nd gen is similar to the earlier Moto X but has a bigger display (5.2 inches) with 2.5 GHz of quad-core processor. Today I’m going to tell an easy and fast way to root Moto X 2nd gen.
Rooting your phone is not a legal thing to do with your phone because Google or Motorola don’t recommend you to do this. Rooting your phone is risky as it can brick your device seriously if you don’t do the process carefully. Rooting also takes away your phones warranty so root your phone at your own risk.
Backup every contact, setting, picture and more stored in your phone. Backup your media files, documents and all important files to your PC or any other external drive so you won’t lose them in this process. Sync all of your contacts to your Google account so you can restore them back when you want.
You need some tools to root your phone. You need a windows based PC with all security related software disabled, a USB cable (better if it’s original) and an internet connection.
You need to do some preparations before rooting your phone, you have to enable USB debugging mode on your phone by going to settings > developer option > enable USB debugging from here. Also you need to charge your phone to at least 50% before rooting your phone because your phone is going to reboot for several times during this process.
Steps to root Moto x 2nd-Generation
- First you have to download and install USB drivers for your phone on your PC.
- Download root package for XT1097, XT1068 and extract the root package on your PC.
- Boot your phone to boot loader by turning your phone off and turn it back on by pressing and holding volume up, volume down and power key together.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- From the extracted root package launch the bat file and let it do its job.
- After a minute your phone will be rooted successfully and you can check it from here.
Your second generation Moto X phone is rooted successfully and now you can customize it your own way. If you are facing any difficulty rooting your phone then you can post it in the comment section below.
You can check your Moto X 2014 is working as intended by downloading the root checker application from Google Play.