The NIU Tek 5D launch happened during January of 2015 and later released during February. if you were one of the first to buy this Tek smartphone, you might be wondering how to get more out of it. Well, today I’ll show you how you can unlock the system internals away from the NIU factory restrictions and open it up with root access. Once you have root access you can then install custom ROMs and download root-requiring apps available from Google Play.
Read everything you need to learn about HIU after the jump before starting the guide.
You should follow the guide with caution as this method is not extensively tested. We recommend backing up your Tek handset before starting if you need to apply a factory reset to regain control of your phone.
You’ll need to allow permissions for the Unknown Sources option by navigating to Menu > Settings > Security and enabling Unknown Sources from there.
You’ll need to enable the Tek USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings . Developer Options > USB Debugging.
How to root the NIU Ted 5D using SuperSU
- Downloading the rooting tool from here.
- Watch a video here on how to get the file easier.
- Connect the Tek 5D to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the Super-Root APK file you got above to the root of the SD card.
- Unplug the smartphone from the computer now.
- Open a File manager of your choice to install the APK file.
– download one from Google Play like ASTRO File manager if you don’t already have it.
- launch the Super Root app from the app drawer.
- Tap on the ‘Exploit’ option.
- Now select to install SuperSU from the menu.
Wait for the flashing to complete and you’re done! All you need to do is reboot the NIU handset and you can start thinking about installing root-only apps. You can check that you have root access by installing the root checker app.