If you are yet to root your Oppo Find 5 Mini (R827), then please follow the following guide and get your phone rooted.
While you may already be enjoying many of the Android features that have come preloaded on your phone, root should let you add a number of new features to your phone that you have not been able to access, yet.
In order to gain root on your Oppo Find 5 Mini (R827), all you need to do is download an app, install it, use it, and you should be rooted. Here’s how:
Files You Need
- You do not necessarily need to have a computer to do this tutorial as the root app can directly be downloaded and installed on the phone. The tutorial, however, includes a computer to be used.
- This uses the universal Framaroot method to gain root access on the phone.
- Download Framaroot APK to your computer. It is an Android app that will be installed on your phone.
Rooting the Oppo Find 5 Mini (R827)
- Connect your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable. Ensure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy Framaroot APK from your computer over to the internal storage on your phone.
- When Framaroot is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Unlock the developer options menu on your phone. You can do that by heading to Menu->Settings->About phone and tapping on Build number for 7-8 times and it will say you are a developer.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your phone and turn on USB debugging.
- Enable the Unknown sources option so that you can install apps from outside the Google Play store on your phone. To do so, head to Menu->Settings->Security and turn on Unknown sources.
- Launch File Manager and tap on Framaroot APK to install the Framaroot app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, open it from your app drawer.
- Make sure the dropdown menu in the app says Install SuperSU.
- Tap on Boromir in the app and it will start rooting your phone.
- When Framaroot’s done rooting, reboot your phone.
- You are now rooted!
Your Oppo Find 5 Mini (R827) is now rooted and you can confirm the same by yourself using an app like Root Checker available on the Google Play store.
Now that your phone is rooted, you can flash a custom recovery on it using our how to install a custom recovery on the Oppo Find 5 Mini (R827) tutorial. Once a custom recovery is up and running on your phone, you will have tons of customizations options for your phone – ranging from flashing a boot animation to flashing a whole operating system on the phone.
If you would not like to flash a custom recovery just yet, you can still play around with root-requiring apps on your phone which are no less when it comes to customizing an Android phone. These apps let you make many tweaks on your phone that help you improve the performance of your phone as well as change the UI elements that appear on it. You can do that all by just installing a root-requiring app on your phone.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The LG G2 (AT&T)
- How To Root The Elephone P7000
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Elephone P8000
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Elephone P7000
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.