Achieving root access on the Oppo Find 5 has become much easier than ever, all thanks to the talented developers. Once you’ve rooted your Find 5, you should be able to run all of your favorite root-requiring apps on it.
Not only will it let you run root-requiring apps, but it’ll let you flash a custom recovery as well once you’re rooted. So, here’s how you can go about gaining root on your Oppo Find 5:
Files You Need
1. This should only work on the Oppo Find 5 (X909) device.
2. This should flash a file on your device to achieve root-access.
3. Download Root Archive to your computer. It will help you gain root on your device.
Rooting the Oppo Find 5
1. Connect your phone to your computer in data transfer mode using a USB cable.
2. Copy Root Archive from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
3. When Root Archive is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons simultaneously for about ten seconds.
6. Select fourth option on your device using volume buttons.
7. Select Root Archive to be installed on your device.
8. Wait for it to flash Root Archive on your device.
9. When it’s done flashing, reboot your device.
10. You’re now rooted!
Cheers! Your Oppo Find 5 is now rooted and you can confirm it using Root Checker on your device.
If you’re interested in installing a custom recovery on your device, you can check out our how to install TWRP Recovery on the Oppo Find 5 tutorial to flash a recovery on your device.