In case you haven’t rooted your Oppo R5 yet, you should do so right away. If you aren’t rooted, you’re missing out on a lot of really cool things that can change the whole experience using your Android smartphone.
From gaining access to root-requiring apps to flashing a custom recovery, all of that can be done once you’re rooted. Here’s how you can go about rooting your Oppo R5:
Files You Need
1. The device can be rooted by installing two applications.
2. Download Force Root app to your computer.
3. Download Oppo Tools app to your computer.
Rooting the Oppo R5
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure your phone is in data transfer mode.
2. Copy both Force Root and Oppo Tools over to the internal SD card storage on your device.
3. When both apps are copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
4. Enable Unknown sources on your device by heading to Menu->Settings->Security.
5. Launch File Manager and tap on both Force Root and Oppo Tools one by one to install these apps on your device.
6. When both the apps are installed, launch Force Root from your app drawer.
7. Tap on Root in the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Wait for the app to gain root-access on your device. Shouldn’t take too long, though.
9. When it’s done rooting, reboot your device.
10. You’re all set!
Your Oppo R5 is now rooted and is ready for root-requiring apps to be installed on it.
You can now flash a custom recovery on your Oppo R5 to enjoy many of the best custom ROMs available out there on your device.