Unless you root your Oppo R7 Plus, you have a limited number of options to customize your phone. All that you can see on your phone cannot be customized as you want, just because there’s a restriction that your manufacturer has put on your phone.
Well, that restriction can be removed if you just root your phone. Rooting removes all the limitations from your phone and allows you to customize almost every element on it. When you’re rooted, you are not limited to a select customization options but you’re free to do literally everything on your phone.
So, that all starts with root, and here’s how you can root your phone:
Files You Need
- You must have flashed a custom recovery on your phone before doing this tutorial. If you haven’t done so yet, please head to our how to install a custom recovery on the Oppo R7 Plus tutorial to do that. Then, come back here and continue.
- This should flash SuperSU on your phone to achieve root-access.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Don’t extract it, leave it as is.
- You need a Windows running computer to do this tutorial.
- Download ADB to your computer. You’ll need it to boot your phone into recovery mode.
Rooting the Oppo R7 Plus
- Unzip files from ADB to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Head to Menu->Settings->About phone on your phone and tap on Build number for 7-8 times to unlock the developer options.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your phone and turn on USB debugging.
- Plug in your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- Open a Command Prompt Window in the folder where ADB files are located. To do that, you need to hold down Shift and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here. It should launch a CMD window for you.
- Type in the following command into the Command Prompt window to reboot your phone into recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
- Your phone should now be in recovery mode.
- Tap on Install in the recovery menu.
- Select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Tap on Swipe to Confirm Flash to confirm flashing of SuperSU .zip on your phone.
- Wait for it to flash SuperSU on your phone.
- When it’s done flashing SuperSU, reboot your phone by selecting Reboot followed by System.
- Your phone should reboot.
- You’re done!
Your Oppo R7 Plus should now be rooted. You can confirm proper root-access on your phone by downloading and installing the Root Checker app on your phone.
Go ahead and enjoy the true freedom that you just got today on your phone!