Have you ever wanted a personal assistant on your Philips Xenium W6500 device that is ten times as powerful as Siri or Cortana? When you root the Philips Xenium W6500 device, you can install the Tasker app which is like having your own robot doing everything on your device automatically. It can control the settings on your device so that you don’t have to. The Tasker app is one of the best rooted apps for Android devices and it’s one of the ones you should install as soon as you finish the rooting guide after the drop.
Files You Need
- Download the Framaroot APK from this page.
- Learn how to install any APK on an Android device and come back to this page.
- Download any of the ten file managers available from this page if you want to install the APK file using a file manager.
- You are voiding the warranty on your Philips smartphone when you root using this one-click rooting method. You can unroot the device using the same Framaroot application and restore that warranty. Further, the warranty is void if you unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery and root the device.
Rooting the Philips Xenium W6500
- Download the Framaroot APK directly to the computer.
- Make sure you have the Unknown Sources enables on your Philips device by heading to the menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled by heading to the menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Those of you with a Windows computer will find it in the Download folder.
- Open the Downloads folder and click and drag the Framaroot file over to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect your Philips Xenium W6500 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable you normally use for charging the battery.
- Transfer the Framaroot APK file to the root of your internal SD card storage. The root of the card means keep it at the topmost folder when transferring.
- Unplug your W6500 device from the computer and install the Framaroot APK file using your knowledge on how to install APK file we gave in the files section above.
- Once done, open your devices app drawer and tap the Framaroot icon.
- Tap the Boromir exploit option and the Boromir exploit will now root your device.
- Exit the app after your root method is complete and manually reboot the device.
Now you are ready to check the Boromir exploit worked by installing the root checker app on your device. After that you are free to install any apps you want from the Google Play Store.
Make sure you read the reviews and comments about any app you are installing that is not on the Google Play Store. Now that you have access to the root file system, you need to be more careful and pay attention for potential malware coming from fake apps.