These are the steps to root the Prestigio PAP5000 using the Bin4ry one click rooting tool and a Windows or Linux computer. The original version works with Linux only, but as like all great rooting tools, this one has seen numerous updates since it original release. The latest version is compatible with Unix operating system — which is Linux. The Linux or Unix OS comes in many distributions, so it can be confusing to say the least. However, you should find this rooting tool works on many of the distributions such as Ubuntu, Debian or RedHat.
Files You Need
- Download the rooting exploit for the PAP5000 from this page.
- Download the universal ADB Driver by Koush for your Prestigio device from this page.
- You are voiding the warranty on your Prestigio device by applying the rooting guide. You can flash the stock ROM back on the PAP5000 handset and the warranty will work again. Furthermore, you can continue rooting and flashing that stock ROM as many times as you want and the warranty will always come good again.
Rooting the Prestigio PAP5000
- Extract the rooting package for the PAP5000 smartphone on the desktop by right-clicking over the file and choosing the “extract here”.
- Double-click on the RubMe.bat file and the Bin4ry exploit program will open on the desktop. You should see something similar to how your command line or terminal appears on the screen.
- Make sure the PAP5000 has the USB Debugging Mode enabled by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Connect the Prestigio device to the computer using the USB cable.
- The Bin4ry rooting program will pick up on your device and you can follow the on-screen commands to finish up.
- Reboot the Prestigio smartphone before you start trying to install your new apps.
Open the Google Play Store and download the basic root checker app. The basic root checker application is free to install and will verify the above method using the Bin4ry script did work in opening and unchaining the internal system on your device.