It has only been a couple of months since Samsung launched the Galaxy A3, and it got blessed with a root method in a short span of time. There are a number of reasons why you may want to root your device. Once rooted, you can install root-requiring apps, run a custom recovery on your device, replace your stock ROM with a custom one, and so on.
All of this can only be done if you’re rooted. Our guide below teaches exactly how you can gain root-access on your device and make it do more things for you. Here you go:
Files You Need
1. You must have Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer. Your computer needs these drivers to detect your smartphone.
2. Download CF-Root file to your computer. You will flash it on your device.
3. Download Odin to your computer. It is the tool that you will use to flash the above file on your device.
4. You should only try this on a SM-A300F device.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy A3 (1GB RAM variant)
1. After downloading both CF-Root and Odin, right-click on both of them one by one and select Extract here to extract their files.
2. Double-click on Odin executable and wait for it to launch.
3. When it launches, hit the button that says PDA and select CF-Root you just extracted from the archive.
4. Ensure that Repartition is unchecked in the Odin. If it’s checked, uncheck it.
5. You’re allowed to checkmark the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Turn off your Galaxy A3 phone.
7. Reboot your phone into download mode. You can do that by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. Press Volume UP and you’ll reboot into download mode.
9. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Odin should say Added and you’re all set to start the flashing procedure.
11. Hit Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash CF-Root on your device.
12. When it’s done with flashing the file, your phone will automatically reboot.
13. You’re now rooted!
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy A3 is now rooted. You can now install root-requiring apps like Titanium Backup and get the most out of your device. Enjoy!
Please share this article: