Have you always wanted to root your Samsung Galaxy Core 2 but just never had a root guide you could follow? No worries, the guide below should help you easily gain root-access on your device so you can get the most out of it.
Once rooted, your device should be compatible with all the root-requiring apps. Not only will you be able to enjoy these apps, but you will have the opportunity to install a custom ROM on your device. All that comes with root on your device. Here’s how:
Files You Need
1. You must have a custom recovery before you can root your device. Please follow our how to install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 tutorial to learn how you can get a custom recovery up and running on your device.
2. You will flash SuperSU .zip to achieve root-access on your device.
3. Download SuperSU to your computer. Do not extract it, leave it as is.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Core 2
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
3. When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume UP, Home, and Power buttons together.
6. Once in recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
7. Choose SuperSU .zip to be flashed on your phone.
8. Confirm the prompt and wait for it to flash SuperSU on your phone.
9. When it’s done flashing, reboot your phone by choosing reboot system now from the recovery menu.
10. Your phone should reboot.
11. You’re now rooted!
Cheers! Your Samsung Galaxy Core 2 is now rooted and you should be able to see SuperSU app in your app drawer. You can also use Root Checker to verify the root access on your device.