Do you suffer from battery drain or a weaker battery on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime than you would have hoped when you bought the device? If so, there are a few solutions for you, but none better than installing the Wakelock Detector app. With the Wakelock Detector, you can find out which apps are draining all of your power and stop them.
Most of us know not to keep a great many of apps on our devices because they use up extra memory and that memory is taking away from the device performance. However, many people often forget that having apps on your device also takes away from the battery performance. The Wakelock Detector is the best cure for that problem.
if you want to install the Wakelock Detector application, just finish the steps during the guide below so your Galaxy Grand prime has root access and you can then instantly install it from the Google Play Store.
Files You Need
- You must unlock the Samsung Galaxy Grand prime bootloader before rooting it with this guide.
- Download the CF-Root package for the Grand Prime from this page.
- Download the ADB drivers by Koush from this page.
- Download the latest Odin 3.10 flashing tool from this page.
- You may only use this guide for rooting with CF-Root using a Windows operating system. Anything from Windows XP running on a computer, notebook or laptop will work.
- The CF-Root tool found in this guide is made based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. That means you should downgrade to Android 4.4.4 KitKat before following this guide.
- To downgrade your device, head to the Sam Mobile website, download the Android 4.4.4 firmware for your devices model number and flash it using the same Odin flashing tool in this guide.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G5309W
- Download the CF-Root file and the Odin file and extract them on the desktop.
– right-click and select the “extract here” option from the menu when they are on the desktop.
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled on your Grand Prime device before starting. Head to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > Enable the option for the USB Debugging Mode.
- Double-click the Odin flashing tool executable file that’s on the desktop and the Odin user-interface will open on the computer.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Grand prime device and reboot it in the download mode.
– press the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons when rebooting to reach the download mode.
- Connect the Grand prime to the computer using the USB cable.
- Wait for the ID: COM port to light up from the Odin user-interface before going ahead. The color means your drivers are working ands you can continue.
- Click the AP or the PDA button found in the Odin user-interface and browse the desktop for the CF-Auto-Root package.
- Once loaded, click the Start button without making any additional changes to the Odin default settings.
- Now sit back until you see the pass message available from the Odin user-interface message box.
Wait until the device reboots before installing the root checker application from the Google Play Store.