The following rooting guide teaches you how to root the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H smartphone using SuperSU. Most rooting guides you’ll find for Samsung devices are either using the CF-Auto-Root or SuperSU. While the CF-Auto-Root means flashing the file through Odin, the Super guides mean you must flash the SuperSU using the custom recovery. A stock recovery doesn’t allow us to flash any zip files; thus we cannot install the SuperSU from a normal recovery.
Fortunately, we know that TWRP recovery is already available to go along with this SuperSU file, so users can install a custom recovery and get root access at the same time.
The Files You Need
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers if you haven’t just come from flashing the custom recovery. Those of you who have flashed the TWRP recovery recently, probably have those drivers already.
- Download the SuperSU file you need.
- You need to install TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime before starting the rooting guide.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H
- Download the SuperSU file from the link above and have it on your Windows PC.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Grand prime in Download Mode by pressing the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons together. When you see the warning sign, press the Volume Up button.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to the computer with the USB cable you probably use for charging.
- Copy and paste the SuperSU from the computer to the Galaxy Grand prime’s internal storage SD card.
- Unplug the Grand Prime from the computer once you have the SuperSU on the SD card.
- Now reboot your Grand Prime in the custom recovery (TWRP) mode by holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time. You should now be able to press the recovery option from the menu. navigate up and down using the Volume buttons.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, tap the “Install” option from the recovery menu.
- It now lets you pick files from the SD card. Upload the SuperSU file and install the file.
- Once your device flashes the SuperSU and you are rooted, navigate back to the main recovery menu and look for the reboot system now option.
Now you have installed a custom recovery and got root on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. You can confirm it worked well by installing the root checker app from the Google Play Store.