While there’re many things you can do on your unrooted Samsung Galaxy Light from MetroPCS, those are limited to an extent. In case you go ahead and root your phone, you break that limit and enjoy many new apps on your phone that would never work on an unrooted phone. These apps help you remove system apps from your phone, give a new look to your phone, and let you do many more things on your phone that weren’t possible before.
If that sounds good to you and you’d like to root your phone, here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
- Your phone must have a custom recovery before you can do this tutorial. Please flash a custom recovery on your phone using the guide given at this link, and then come back here and continue.
- This should flash SuperSU on your phone to gain root-access.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Do NOT extract it, leave it as is.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Light (MetroPCS)
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure your phone is in data transfer mode.
- Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. Make sure to place it in the root directory.
- When SuperSU is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn your phone back on in recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume UP, Home, and Power buttons together.
- Your phone should reboot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Tap on Install in the recovery menu.
- Select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompt and wait for it to install SuperSU on your phone.
- When it’s done installing SupeSU, reboot your phone by selecting Reboot followed by System.
- Your phone should reboot.
- You’re now rooted!
The job is done. Your Samsung Galaxy Light from MetroPCS is now rooted and also has a custom recovery to help you flash custom ROMs on your phone. I believe that’s all you need to customize your phone to a greater extent, yeah?