The Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G is one of T-Mobile’s latest release to its smartphone line and has just become the most recent to achieve root access for an Android device. This wasn’t such a hard job for our developer friends from XDA-Developers as the smartphone comes pre-loaded with an unlock bootloader (thanks guys). This isn’t to say that us average users know what to do when we get out hands on a Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G, so lucky for us, its been packaged up in a nice little root method so we can all benefit from it. Learn how to Root Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G after the feature.
If you want someone to thank, the developer goes by the name k0nane and he has made life infinitely easier by posting the basic instructions as well as the required files on the XDA-Developers forum. You will also find that a developer named shabbypenguin has worked out how to install ClockWorkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G. So if you have recently got your hands on this device and are itching to root it, all you need to do is follow the steps below.
As with any tutorials, go ahead at your own risk and make sure you backup your device before hand. You probably won’t lose data just by following the guide. However, should you need to apply a factory reset, you will lose the phone contacts, pictures and other important data then unless you’ve backed up. There’s a million different ways to backup. try installing third-party apps from Google Play such as Helium, or using thew build in backup option that comes with the phone.
Be sure to allow permissions for the USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options menu. Should you find there is no Developer Options menu because it needs unlocking, you can do that by tapping on the build number seven times.
Samsung Galaxy S Blaze root tutorial:
1. You will need to download the following:
2. You need to get ODIN’s .zip file and extract the contents on your desktop. Once done you can launch it.
3. Click Main Menu then auto-reboot. IMPORTANT – make sure you have UNCHECKED all other options, especially Repartition. Failure to do so will result in damage to your device.
4. From ODIN click PDA then select the Rooted Kernel TAR file downloaded in step 1.
5. Click on PIT then select the PIT file from step 1 also.
6. Turn off your device – Complete shut-down.
7. Without connecting it to your handset, Plug the devices USB cable into your PC.
8. With your unconnected device, remove and then reinsert its battery.
9. Now, all at once you will need to hold down Power + Volume Up + Volume Down+ connect your device to the USB cable which should already be connected to your PC. This has to be done simultaneously, only releasing the buttons when it boots into Download Mode.
10. Your device should be detected by ODIN automatically. If not you will need to get an updated driver from Samsung then repeat steps 6 – 9.
11. In ODIN click the Start button.
If you want to get ClockWorkMod Recovery on your device as well as Root Samsung Galaxy S Blaze it is very simple. As a mater of fact the steps are almost exactly the same. You will need to download the following :
- ClockworkMod Recovery TAR- Download HERE
- Root PIT File – Download HERE
1. Click on PDA, from there you will need to select the TAR file
2. Click on PIT, from there you will need to select the PIT file
3. Turn off your device – Complete shut-down.
4. Without connecting it to your handset, Plug the devices USB cable into your PC.
5. With your unconnected device, remove and then reinsert its battery.
6. Now, all at once you will need to hold down Power + Volume Up + Volume Down + connect your device to the USB cable which should already be connected to your PC. This has to be done simultaneously, only releasing the buttons when it boots into Download Mode.
7. From ODIN click the Start button, this will start the flashing process.
You are now rocking a rooted S Blaze. Sweet! Now you can verify that by installing the root checker application from Google Play.