These are the steps to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195T smartphone operating on Android 4.4.2 KitKat using a Windows computer and the CF-Auto-Root exploit developed by Chainfire.
The CF-Auto-Root file in this guide is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and KOT49H.I9195TDVUCNG1 firmware. You do not need to be running the KOT49H.I9195TDVUCNG1 firmware build number on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini before you start the guide. That build ID is there for you to use as an indicator only.
Files You Need
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool for the GT-I9195T on Android 4.4.2 from this link.
- Download the universal adb driver from this link.
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link.
- Check that you have the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with the model number GT-I9195T before you start the guide or else you run the risk of bricking your device. You can find your model number on the S4 by turning it on, navigating to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195T on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Download the CF-Auto-Root for the S4 Mini GT-I9195T smartphone and extract the package on the desktop (right-click > extract here).
- Download the Odin flashing tool and extract it on the desktop too.
- Long-press the Power button on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini smartphone and wait until it turns all the way off.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini in Download Mode by pressing the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons.
- Press the Volume Up button on the display when your S4 Mini tells you to do that.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini handset to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait a few moments for the drivers to start working and then check the Odin user-interface for a green ID: COM port — that means your universal ADB Driver is working. Anyone with problems can install the Samsung USB Drivers and try again.
- Do not make any changes to the default settings you can see from the Odin user-interface, such as the Auto Reboot, F Reset Time and Re-partition check-boxes.
- Click the AP button or the PDA button from the Odin user-interface and browse the desktop for the Cf-Auto-Root GT-I9195T tar.md5 file.
- Click the Start button from the Odin app on the computer and it will flash the rooting exploit by Chainfire on your GT-I9195T device.
- Keep watching the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini’s display for when it says “restoring the stock recovery, cleaning up and rebooting in 10 seconds”.
- The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195T will now reboot in recovery mode automatically and the SuperSU will be installed and enabled on your smartphones.
You must press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons on your S4 Mini and get it in download mode manually if it doesn’t happen automatically. It will happen automatically for most.