Having root access on your Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A lets you enjoy many of those root-requiring apps on your device. Not only is that, root is actually an unlocker that opens gates for all the custom developments to reach out to your device.
Gaining root on your device is not as difficult as you may think. It’s quite easy and fun to root an Android device, and the following guide shows how you can gain root on the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A – the Korean variant.
Files You Need
1. You must be running a Windows-based computer to do this tutorial.
2. Make sure that Samsung USB drivers are installed on your computer. Your computer will need them to be able to recognize your device.
3. Download CF-Root for the SM-G906S to your computer. It is the file that will root your device.
4. Download Odin to your computer. It will be used to flash the above file on your device.
5. This only works for the SM-G906S device.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (Korean)
1. Right-click on both CF-Root and Odin one by one and select Extract here to extract the actual usable files.
2. Double-click on Odin executable and it should launch.
3. Click on PDA in the Odin and select CF-Root available on your computer. Make sure you select the extracted CF-Root and not the archive one.
4. Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in the Odin.
5. Turn off your device.
6. Turn your device back on in download mode. To do that, you need to hold down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together.
7. Press Volume UP and you should be in download mode.
8. Plug in your device to your computer using a USB cable.
9. Click on Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash CF-Root on your device.
10. When it’s done flashing CF-Root, your device should automatically reboot.
11. You’re all set!
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (Korean) should now be rooted. You can confirm the proper root-access using Root Checker on your device.
If you wish to get more out of your device and not just root-access, you can install a custom recovery on your device that brings a number of custom ROMs for you to enjoy on your device.