Root tutorials vary with different variants of the original phone and if you happen to have grabbed the DoCoMo variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5, you have a different root file for your phone.
CF-Root has rooted almost all the Galaxy S5 variants including the DoCoMo one, and here’s how you can go about using that method to gain root on your DoCoMo Samsung Galaxy S5:
Files You Need
- You must have a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial as the tutorial involves using of a tool that is Windows only.
- You should have Samsung USB drivers installed on your Windows computer. Install them if they are not already.
- This should flash CF-Root on your phone to achieve access to the root.
- Download CF-Root to your computer. It should be flashed on your phone.
- Download Odin to your computer. It should help you flash CF-Root on your phone.
- You should only try this on a SC-04F running on Android 5.0.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 on DoCoMo
- Extract files from CF-Root and Odin over to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
- When the files are extracted, double-click on Odin executable and it should launch.
- When the Odin launches, click on PDA and choose the CF-Root file that you extracted from the archive. Make sure you choose the extracted file and not the archive itself.
- Ensure that the Repartition option is unchecked in the Odin. Uncheck it if it is already checked.
- You can checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, though.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Turn your phone back on in download mode so that the Odin can recognize it. To do that, while your phone is turned off, press and hold Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Press Volume UP when prompted and your phone should reboot in download mode.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- Odin should recognize your phone and one of the boxes in Odin should turn yellow.
- Click on Start in the Odin and it will start flashing CF-Root on your phone.
- Wait for the Odin to flash CF-Root on your phone.
- When the Odin’s done flashing CF-Root, your phone should automatically reboot as you have checkmarked the Auto Reboot option.
- Your phone should now be fully rooted!
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 on DoCoMo is now rooted and has SuperSU to help you with managing root permissions on your phone.
Root access has opened up many customizations opportunities for you, such as being able to install root-requiring apps that let you customize your phone to a greater extend and so on. There are tons of things you can do when you are rooted and our guide here should give you some clues as to what you can do with your rooted phone.
While many root-requiring apps will attract you, you are not supposed to install all of them on your phone. Choose the ones that you trust and have good reviews as these apps can go as far as to your system files and create issues. The good ones will do good to your phone and you should only choose those.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install CyanogenRecovery On The Doogee F5
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Motorola Moto X Force On Android 6.0
- How To Root The Motorola Moto X Force On Android 6.0
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Y550
- How To Root The Huawei Y550
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.