The Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport is a Sprint smartphone that runs on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat version. While the said version comes with a number of really great features, it still lacks some things that can only be fulfilled by the root-requiring apps. In order to install these root-requiring apps, you’re going to need to root your device.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport has become very easier, all thanks to Chainfire for his awesome rooting files. Once rooted, you should be able to do literally everything on your device, from installing root-requiring apps to removing system files, you will be able to do that. Here’s how:
Files You Need
1. Download CF-Root by Chainfire to your computer. You will flash this file on your device.
2. Download Odin to your computer. This is the tool that allows you to flash files on your Samsung device.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport
1. The first step is to get all the files extracted from the archives. Right-click on all of the archives you’ve downloaded and select Extract here. All the files will be extracted to a folder on your computer.
2. Now launch Odin by double-clicking on its executable file that you extracted from the archive.
3. When it launches, click on PDA and choose the CF-Root file that you extracted to your computer.
4. It is a must that you uncheck the Repartition option in the Odin. Leaving it enabled will cause issues to your device.
5. The two options that you’re allowed to checkmark are Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Reboot your phone into download mode by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. Hit Volume UP when a warning message is shown on your screen.
9. You should now be in download mode.
10. Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer.
11. The Odin should say Added when you connect your phone to your computer.
12. Click on Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash the selected file on your device.
13. When the flashing is done, your phone will automatically reboot.
14. You’re now rooted!
The root-access has been achieved on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport and you can start using it right away. Have fun!
After rooting your device, the next step is to install a custom recovery on it. We do have a guide that teaches how you can install a custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport and get started with flashing custom ROMs. So follow it and get a custom recovery up and running on your device in no time.