This guide will give you a very easy and only possible way with which you can easily root your Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282. After rooting your phone you can easily customize and boot your phone performance. You can also install custom kernels or custom ROMs. Read all parts of this article carefully and root our phone without breaking it.
Rooting your phone is illegal as well as risky process, if you don’t take care during the process then you could brick your device. This process is not recommended by Google or Samsung and voids your phone’s warranty so when next time you take your phone for help you will be get charged for that.
Read all the points below so that you can successfully root your phone:
- You need a windows based PC for this process. On your PC make sure you have disabled any anti-virus installed on it.
- On your phone enable USB debugging option from settings, you can do it by going to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging from here.
- Make sure that your phone have 50% battery left on it because your phone will reboot many times during the root process.
- This root process is only for Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 only so don’t waste your time rooting other phones.
- Back up all the important data stored on your device to any safe place, backup all the media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive.
- Sync up all of your contacts to your Google account and keep them safe from any damage.
Steps to root Samsung galaxy Star GT-S5282
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your PC, this will also install required USB drivers to your PC automatically.
- Download Odin software from here and extract it anywhere on your PC. This software is just a zip package, you just have to unzip it and launch it using the executable file.
- Download root package from here and extract it anywhere on your PC, this has the pre rooted firmware that we have to flash on your phone.
- Now reboot your phone to download mode by turning it off completely and turn it back on by pressing and holding power key, volume down key and home key together for 8-10 seconds. When you see a warning screen just press volume up key once.
- Now launch Odin software like I told you earlier and plug your phone to your PC using USB cable.
- On Odin click on PDA and select the firmware from the root package zip file and click on start.
- After some time you will be able to see a “PASS” message that means your phone has been rooted successfully.
Your phone is rooted and now you can customize its interface and performance your way. And if you are facing any difficulty rooting your phone then you can ask us for help, just comment your query in the comment section below.