The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.0 is a nice tablet from Google that comes at an affordable price. The aforementioned tablet comes with 8 inches of display with a great processor. Today I’ll tell you a very easy way to root this tablet. After rooting you can run many more apps that needs root access. In this process you just have to click some buttons on Odin software and you can root your tab in no time.
Let me tell you an important thing that rooting your phone is not recommended by Samsung or Google because this process is illegal and voids your phone’s warranty. Also this process is very risky as one wrong step can brick your device.
Always back up your important data stored on your phone so if anything wrong happens to your phone then you will be sure that your data is safe. Sync your contacts to Google account so you can sync them back when you need them. Also back up your media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive.
You need some tools to make this root process successful, you need a windows based PC with an internet connection, a USB cable and your phone of course. Make sure your PC should not have any anti-virus installed on it, if it have any just disable it during this process.
On your phone: enable USB debugging option by going to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging from here. If you are not able to see developer options there then you can unlock it by going to settings > about phone > tap on Build Number 7 times.
Also charge your phone to at least 50% battery because your phone is going to restart several times during this root process.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 using Odin
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your PC. Your PC will automatically get installed with USB drivers for your phone after installing Kies.
- Download the root package from here and extract it anywhere on your PC.
- Download Odin software from here and extract it anywhere on your PC. Odin package contains an executable file which launch Odin software double clicking on it.
- Launch Odin on PC as I told you before in step 3.
- Now reboot your phone to download mode by turning your phone off and power it on by pressing and holding power key, volume down key and home key together. When you see a warning screen just press volume up key once.
- Plug in your phone to your PC and on Odin click on PDA then select the CF Auto Root file from the root package and click on start to start the flashing process.
- After flashing your phone will be rooted.
Now you can unplug your phone from PC and you can check if your phone is rooted or not by going here.
If you are facing any difficulty rooting your phone then you can post your query in the comment section below. Also like and share this article with your friends so they can also root their device using this guide.